Re: Oracle NT ... database via Instance Manager

From: jhy <jhy_at_earthling.net>
Date: 16 Aug 1998 16:06:22 GMT

What version of Oracle are you using? In 8.0.4 the instance manager is better. In 7.2, I thought it was a POS. If you used it to set your parameter files then a) it didn't give you access to all the parameters and b) instance manager would overwrite your parameter file each time erasing any changes you put in manually. I never used it in 7.X. I used Oradim7x.exe to create the instance then used my own scripts to create the database. In 8.0.4 IM looks better, but I've only used it once.