Installing 7.3 on NT

From: Robert Nicholson <steffi_at_shell8.ba.best.com>
Date: 16 Aug 1998 07:25:51 -0700

So when I've installed it on NT I have

OracleTNSListenerorcl
OracleTNSListenerdevl

ie. I'm trying to create an instance called devl with database name develop

What are the ways to bring up an instance?

when I try from the SVRMGR> prompt

startup pfile=d:\orant\database\initdevl.ora

it says

ORA-01081: cannot start already-running ORACLE - shut it down first

My initdevl.ora looks correct to me.

if I just type "startup" after connecting internal it brings up the ORCL instance Received on Sun Aug 16 1998 - 09:25:51 CDT