Re: Oracle error ORA 3113 end-of-file on communication channel

From: Satya Kallepalli <Satya.Kallepalli_at_MCI.COM>
Date: Sat, 15 Aug 1998 23:43:23 -0600

I got the same error tonight. I would tell you the sequence of events. first I tried to shutdown normal. It was waiting for some active sessions to terminate. I ran out of patience, and started killing unix pids with oracle<instance>. I got this error when I killed one of the process which is connected to my svrmgr.