Re: ORA-03113 end-of-file on communication channel

From: Austin Durbin <adurbin_at_nsearthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 16 Aug 1998 09:12:35 -0700

rwessman_at_us.oracle.com wrote:

> This error can occur for a multitude of reasons. It basically means that the
> server went away.
>
> I suggest contacting Oracle Support. There may be a fix for your particular
> problem.
>
> "Albert Borrull" <aborrull_at_sgosoft.com> writes:
>
> > I had the same error importing some packages to the database using "direct"
> > connection (i.e user/password). One workarround that ussually works is to
> > use
> > sql*net in the local machine (i.e user/password_at_database).
> >
> > Hope this help you.
> >
> > ------------------------------------
> >
> > Srinivas Chikka <SCHIKKA_at_worldnet.att.net> escribió en artículo
> > <6r0hg6$ome_at_bgtnsc03.worldnet.att.net>...
> > > We got this error quiet often on WIndows NT4.0 - Oracle 7.3.3 when the
> > > package script is too big and we try to compile it.
> > > It logs us out of oracle and the database goes down. We applied a patch,
> > > made it 7.3.4.2 and everything works fine..
> > > Hope this gives some pointers..
> > >
> > > Srinivas.

> --
> Rick
> Rick Wessman
> Distributed Data Security
> Oracle Corporation
> rwessman_at_us.oracle.com

Check what version of SQL*Net client you are running on the workstation vs the version running on the Server.

I had this same problem on one NT 4.0 workstation that had been upgraded using the 7.3.4 CD. By uninstalling the 16bit SQL*Net on the workstation
and reinstalling the 16bit SQL*Net from the 7.3.2 CD the problem went away.

The SQL*Net trace showed an error indicating the a protocol adapter error
had occured which caused the Server to drop the connection to the client prematurely. I am guessing there may have been some subtle timing issues
involved here. Received on Sun Aug 16 1998 - 11:12:35 CDT