Re: SHell programming on NT

From: David Sisk <davesisk_at_ipass.net>
Date: Sat, 15 Aug 1998 18:20:27 GMT

Hello:

I believe you will get the desired results if you create a SQL script and pass the name as a parm, like so:
sqlplus $1/$2_at_instance @scriptname.

For scripting on NT, the obvious choice is DOS command files, which really doesn't give you very much. We are using the Windows Scripting Host (downloadable for free from Microsoft). It allows you to use VBscript as a host scripting language, which is not quite to the level of unix shell scripting, but it's a heckuva lot better than just plain DOS bat or cmd files.

Good luck,
Dave