Re: Failed to create a type on Oracle 8?

From: <suisum_at_freenet.edmonton.ab.ca>
Date: 15 Aug 1998 15:23:37 GMT

Hi:

I believe the problems may be:

  1. When you use the Data Assistant Manager, have you indicated that you wanted to update the listerner.ora?
  2. If you don't, have you modified the listerner.ora?
  3. There are two listerner.ora in the system : Net8 and SQL2.3. You must pick one of them.

You may do the following:

. copy the listerner.ora in Net80 directory   (/ORANT/NET8/ADMIN) to
  /ORANT/NETWORK/ADMIN. . or create an environment variable in windows   registry: TNS_ADMIN
  pointing to the listener.ora at Net 8.

Best regards,

jhy (jhy_at_earthling.net) wrote:
: Did you add the new instance to your listener.ora file?

: gbe wrote:

: > Sorry I can't answer your question – I'm struggling with Oracle8 on NT and
: > it sounds like you got further than me - can you help?
: >
: > I can't create an instance (other than the default one) and see it.
: >
: > I've just installed Oracle 8.0.3.0.0 on a clean NT (sp3) machine and the
: > default
: > instance works fine (including ODBC over TCP/IP).
: >
: > I use Oracle Database Assistant, choose "Custom Database", "Small" and
: > choose all the defaults - I create database files from scratch ie I don't
: > use the "copy from CD option" .
: >

--
Best regards, Received on Sat Aug 15 1998 - 10:23:37 CDT