Re: OWAS 3.0 / 3.0.1

From: <suisum_at_freenet.edmonton.ab.ca>
Date: 14 Aug 1998 23:27:16 GMT

You may try to add the the name of <my computer> to the hosts file. If you do not include this, the system just cannot find the host name. For instant, if you create the following as your web server:

     my_computer.com

You should add the following entry to the hosts file:

   127.0.0.1 localhost my_computer.com

You should also know about your networking archtecture. Then, you'll know whether you'll user proxy or not.

Dries Verbeke (dries.verbeke_at_cronos.be) wrote:
: I believe the problem is this:
: When installing the first thing the installer asks is the host domain name.
: This name is used in the configuration file (<ORAHOME>/ows/admin/<name
: host>/<listener>/log/<listener>.log) of the weblistener. One of the first lines
: there is written the port, number proxy settings, logging and
: hostname.domainname (or virtual host).
: You can do two things change the url (adding the domain name) if possible or
: change the config file. Normaly I change the config file and delete the
: domainname suffix but i believe there was also a registry key
: ('hkey_local_computer/software/oracle' key oraweb_host)

: Good luck
: Dries

: Brendan Newman wrote:

: > Hi there,
: >
: > I installed Oracle 7.3.3 for NT and Web Application Server 3.0.1 (and
: > used the default OWAS spy glass listener). Now for the problem: every time
: > I try to reach the admin site or the www site, http://<my computer>:8888/ it
: > tells me "The request did not specify a valid virtual host."
: >
: > The only thing I can think of is that I had originally installed the NT
: > Option Pack. I recently uninstalled it, but I think it leaves some residue
: > behind, such as DLLs and OCXs. I don't want to re-install NT from scratch.
: >
: > Any help on this matter is appreciated. Thanks. Brendan

--
Best regards, Received on Fri Aug 14 1998 - 18:27:16 CDT