Re: Oracle 7.3 Backup on NT

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Fri, 14 Aug 1998 22:25:41 +0200

Hi Mike,

Apart from the issue which kind of NT server will be capable of running 8 instances, you only have to make sure every SID will have it's own directory. Usually I did something like d:\rdbmsorcl, d:\rdbmsbis etc. I always moved the files out of the ORANT\RDBMS<whatever version>, to make sure I wouldn't have to move files with every upgrade. If you don't have different directories now, shutdown each sid, make an NT backup, move the file containing the system tablespace and any other files, mount each database and start renaming datafiles. The doc will tell you how.

Hth,

Sybrand Bakker, Oracle DBA