How to display and error message together (with variable) in a trigger?

From: <kickerchua_at_audiophile.com>
Date: Fri, 14 Aug 1998 19:06:30 GMT

hi all, i am building a trigger that will stop an insert.

when the condition is met, i want it to display a line like:

'You cannot booked this room because it have been booked by ???'

where ??? is and variable in the trigger.

even though i can use "dbms_output.put_line" to do this but it will not show if i add "raise_application_error" to stop the insert.

can anybody help me out, thank you very much. pls reply to me via email to choonkeng_at_yahoo.com