Question for tuning GURUs

From: Merle Martell <martell_merle/hdqt_at_hdqt.cargill.com>
Date: Fri, 14 Aug 1998 13:33:33 -0500

I'm sure I've seen a technique for reporting on the alternatives the Oracle Cost optimizer evaluated and the costs it assigned to them, but for the life of me, I can't remember ANYTHING about how it's done. I know you didn't have to buy a tool to do it.

Do any of you know how this is done?

I'm not talking about explain, or TKPROF, and I don't think it's in UTLBSTAT/ESTAT. Some sort of trace code or ???

I'll be on vacation 8/15 thru 8/23. Could you e:mail me a reply, as well as respond to this newsgroup?

merle_martell_at_cargill.com Received on Fri Aug 14 1998 - 13:33:33 CDT