Oracle 7.3 Backup on NT

From: Mike Bradicich <mike_at_Bradicich.com>
Date: Fri, 14 Aug 1998 16:37:04 GMT

I have a number of Oracle 7.3 databases running on separate NT machines. Currently I am backing up each server using NT backup of all of the drives to a 4mm tape.

The recovery plan is to then load these tapes on to another PC.

The problem is that if I have a disaster, I want to recover all my databases, currently on 8 separate servers, to one server. I am concerned that as I pull the database files off each tape, the system tables will be over-written, and the databases will be corrupted.

Is there a way to recover the database files from tapes off multiple machines, to a single machine? Should I consider another backup strategy (if so, what)?

Any and all comments are appreciated,
Mike Bradicich

mike_at_generalsystems.com

Bradicich Consulting
8504 Ewing Dr.
Bethesda, MD 20817 Received on Fri Aug 14 1998 - 11:37:04 CDT