Auto-querying in a form - Newbie Question

From: Greg Williams <greg.williams_at_lambdaconsulting.com>
Date: Fri, 14 Aug 1998 10:58:29 -0700

Hello, I'm not sure exactly how basic this question is, but it's something that I've never been able to figure out.

I have a form that asks the user for a certain code. A WHEN-VALIDATE-ITEM trigger saves the value as :GLOBAL.code (:GLOBAL.code := :CO_CODE_BLOCK.CODE;)
From there a button is pressed and another form is called. On the other form, the first field that it comes across is another CODE.

What I'd like to be able to do is: Pass :GLOBAL.code into this form, and programmatically query CODE based on :GLOBAL.code. A statement such as -
SELECT * FROM CO_CODE_BLOCK
WHERE CODE = :GLOBAL.code;
does not work, but is exactly what I need.

I need to know the text for a WHEN-NEW-ITEM-INSTANCE trigger on that particular field that will automatically query the database.

Thank you very much.

Steven Karam Received on Fri Aug 14 1998 - 12:58:29 CDT