How does keep alive work

From: R. Maitland Baxter <roba_at_ita.cph.dk>
Date: Fri, 14 Aug 1998 13:45:26 GMT

hello,

        could anyone explain how the "keep alive" function works. I'm not sure if that is the correct name for it but what i am refering to is the method used to send a signal from the server to any clients connected via sqlnet as a way of constantly checking the conneciton. this functionality is wrecking havoc with my protocol for connecting to the database. obviously, i'm pretty green in this area so any insight would be most appreciated.

"That was good . . . but not great." - Homer J. Simpson Received on Fri Aug 14 1998 - 08:45:26 CDT