Re: oracle on nt ?

From: Pavel Polcar <pavel.polcar_at_berit.cz>
Date: 14 Aug 1998 09:19:38 GMT

Hi,
if you didn't let the install utility create the initial database, there are a few steps
that you must perform manually.
1. You must work under a user with administration rights on WindowsNT 2. You must decide on the SID for your database, copy the init.ora to init<sid>.ora and modify it for your needs. Also put the line ORACLE_SID=<sid>
in the Windows Registry (HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/Software/oracle) or define it as an environment variable (set ORACLE_SID=<sid>). 3.You must create the services using the oradim73 utility. Use oradim73 /? for help.
4. Use Sever Manager to connect:

   svrmgr23
   connect internal/password
   startup pfile= <full path to your init<sid> file>

   The password is defined in the oradim73 command for creating the services, like this:

   oradim73 -new -sid TEST -intpwd ORACLE -startmode AUTO -pfile C:\ORANT\DATABASE\INITTEST.ORA Then you should be able to issue the CREATE DATABASE command. You can find more details in Oracle 7 Server - Getting Started for Windows NT.

Hth,

--
Pavel Polcar

Ed Lufker <elufker_at_swcp.com> wrote in article <6r06ud$pfq$1_at_sloth.swcp.com>...