Substr / Substrb, differences

From: Dave Siddons <dave.siddons_at_capgemini.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 13 Aug 1998 17:14:41 +0100

Could somebody tell me the difference between substr and substrb when = used in a double byte environment, and which should be used in a double = byte environment.

The problem we've had is that when calling substr to clip a string to = fit into another field it works in a single byte environment but when = moving to double byte it truncates the return value. This implies that = substr has returned a longer string ??????? I have been told to use = substrb, but this could surely split double byte characters.

Help ....

Cheers Dave.   Received on Thu Aug 13 1998 - 11:14:41 CDT