Re: upgrading to 8.0.4

From: Lewis W Kellum <lwk_at_june.engin.umich.edu>
Date: Thu, 13 Aug 1998 11:52:54 EDT

We also are considering upgrading from 8.0.3 on Solaris 2.5.1. There has been some flakyness with the Oracle Forms tools which I'm told is due to a bug fixed in later RDBMS versions. Also database links need the tnsnames entries entered explicitly, as aliases don't work. You may remember this bug from earlier 7 versions - back to bite us again.

I would like to to go to 8.0.5, and would be interested in any comments or experiences people have about that release.

--

Woody Kellum (aka Lewis W. Kellum)
lwk_at_engin.umich.edu, (313)763-3247