Oracle8 on NT - Unable to create an instance (other than the default one)

From: gbe <silly_at_mcmail.com>
Date: 12 Aug 98 16:27:15 GMT

I've just installed Oracle 8.0.3.0.0 on a clean NT machine and the default instance works fine (including ODBC over TCP/IP), however, I can't create another instance.

I use Oracle Database Assistant, choose "Custom Database", "Mid Size" and choose all the defaults I get....

ORA-01031:insufficient privileges

Please Help.

Further info.

I create database files from scratch ie I don't use the CD option.

Using Instance Manager I can see the new Services "Started" and Instance "Stopped".(I've tried starting it using NT Services)

When using Net8 Easy Config to create a Service Name to the new SID it says...

ORA-12505: TNS listener could not resolve name etc.

not surprising since the create database was not successful.

Gerard. Received on Wed Aug 12 1998 - 11:27:15 CDT