Re: 2 Gig File limit under Solaris 2.51?

From: Joel Garry <joelga_at_pebble.org>
Date: Thu, 13 Aug 1998 00:24:26 GMT

On 13 Aug 1998 00:06:43 GMT, David Shi <dshi_at_magpage.com> wrote:
>On Wed, 12 Aug 1998 12:15:52 -0400, "Lisa Lewis" <lewis_at_med.pitt.edu> wrote:
>
>>Can anyone tell me if a 2 gig file size limit exists under Solaris 2.51.
>
>Yes, there is. Solaris 2.6 can have file larger than 2G.

This is filesystem dependent.

>>The system administrator tells me yes but the Oracle 8.0 Install manual ( p
>>1-10) leads me to believe that Solaris 2.51 has no such limit. Also if the
>>2G limit exists, then should I specify 'autoextend maxsize 2G' instead of
>
>2G is the maxsize you can get with the limit. I usually use something less than
>2G since the backup software can't backup the 2G files.
>
>>unlimited. I would then have to more closely monitor how much space is left
>>in those datafiles and then add another datafile? And of course I would
>>won't to do this before the allocated datafiles fill up and not as a result
>>of an error message. Any information/suggestions will be greatly
>>appreciated.
>>
>>Lisa

jg
--
These opinions are my own and not necessarily those of Information Quest or Pebble In The Sky http://www.informationquest.com mailto:jgarry@nospameiq.com http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/joel_garry Remove nospam to reply. mailto:joel_garry_at_compuserve.nospam.com "See your DBA?" I AM the @#%*& DBA! Received on Wed Aug 12 1998 - 19:24:26 CDT