Re: sqlplus connection time

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Wed, 12 Aug 1998 21:41:14 +0200

We should put this in the FAQ about Oracle/Sqlnet... Verify your sqlnet.ora on the client (in Oracle Home\network\admin) There is a line reading'AUTOMATIC_IPC=' The default is ON, which is useless on a client PC. It should be off. On the server on may be advantageous.
Second option: make sure if you don't have a Oracle Names server running the line NAMES.directory_path in the same file read (TNSNAMES) only. Otherwise it will try to find default (plug and play, as they call it) Nameservers.
Hth
Sybrand Bakker, Oracle DBA