Re: Solaris/Oracle backup/restore utilities

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Wed, 12 Aug 1998 21:36:13 +0200

Hi David,

Oracle comes with an Enterprise Backup Utility. Also if you are using Oracle Enterprise Manager, this product is capable of creating and running hot and cold backup scripts. Oracle Enterprise Manager comes in a stripped version (without Performance Pack) with all ports. It uses snmp to monitor the database and you will need to get the Oracle Intelligent Agent running at the Solaris side. This can be a nasty thing to do, however if have seen it working on NT and the functionality is very impressive.

Thanks,
Sybrand Bakker