Re: Ora v7.1 to v7.3 speed problems (VMS)

From: Barry Lau <barrylau_at_poboxes.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Aug 1998 23:52:49 +0800

We just upgraded from Oracle 7.1 to Oracle 7.3.2 on an very large Alpha server, the system performance is worst than before. From VMS system support group statistics, the same application now take 200 to 300% of CPU resource in Oracle 7.3.

Is there anyone else having the same problem.

Btw, we had logged a TAR for this with Oracle World Wide support. Regards, Barry
Shael Richmond ¼¶¼g©ó¤å³¹ <35CFA358.BF27D60F_at_bellsouth.net>...
>dean.batten_at_amcor.com.au wrote:
>>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> We're planning to upgrade our VMS v6.1/Ora v7.1 systems to VMS v7.1/Ora
v7.3.
>> We've set up a test platform with the target versions, but have
discovered
>> that it appears to run very slow compared to an identical machine running
the
>> older versions. I've heard rumors that Ora v7.3 does indeed run slower on
VMS