Re: Controlfile older than DBF files

From: simbl <simblit_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 12 Aug 1998 06:08:13 GMT

Hi Albert,
Thanks alot for your advice. I did partial of your recommendation and now I am encountering another error.
After restoring the datafiles and recreating the controlfiles, I did the following

svrmgrl > connect internal
svrmgrl > startup mount;
svrmgrl > recover database;
		I did not reset the logs.

svrmgrl > alter database open;

Everything looks fine at this point in time until I tried to connect as an user or even as system,
my rollback segment has data block corruption.

	ORA-00604 : error occurred at recursive SQL level 1
	ORA-01578 : ORACLE data block corrupted (file #2, block #5441)
	ORA-01110 : data file 2 '/sym2k/oradata/SYM2K/rbs01.dbf'

How should I proceed from here? Should I do a shutdown and reset the logs? Or drop and recreate the rollback segment ?(can I?) I've taken a backup of the control files and redo log files before I startup the database, I think I should be able to use those files again if I do not do a resetlogs. Am I correct?

Appreciate help and thanks,
Cynthia

Albert Borrull <aborrull_at_sgosoft.com> wrote in article <01bdc542$4430bc80$5800a8c0_at_sgo-48.sgosoft.com>...

Hi Cyntia:

   Try to use the restored data-files and the new control file you just have recreated.

   With this situation try to startup your database. When you give this error:

        "the system01.dbf file needs media recovery."    Try to do a restauration using (Note that it could be any syntax error):

	svrmgr> connect internal
	svrmgr> startup mount
	svrmgr> recover database
			or
		recover database until cancel   followed by
	 	cancel;

	svrmgr> alter database open resetlogs;

You can try to do a datafile recovery for system01.dbf, but you will have the same error message for all
the datafiles of your database. So is better to do a database recovery.

Note that the procedure could be different in any release of Oracle Server. If it does'nt work, look at you documentation about media recuperation procedures.

Good Luck.!!

Albert Borrull
<aborrull_at_sgosoft.com>
SGO. Software, S.L.

simbl <simblit_at_yahoo.com> escribió en artículo <01bdc522$46a4b040$a07015a5_at_pc160>...