Max columns and Seqence

From: Rong Zheng <rong.zheng_at_trw.com>
Date: 1998/08/11

Hi

In Oracle, the max size of column is 1000 columns. If I have a dataset which requires more than 1000 columns, what are some alternatives for representing this information. My concept is to reproduce a cross-tab style query as in Microsoft Access which in this example could produce 16000 columns?

Also, Is there any place that I can find document on porting applications from Informix to Oracle?

Any suggestions or comments are highly appreciated.

Regards,

Rong Zheng
rong.zheng_at_trw.com Received on Tue Aug 11 1998 - 00:00:00 CDT