TCL temporary files

From: <bzygmunt_at_NoSPAM-1974.harris.com>
Date: 11 Aug 1998 17:50:09 GMT

We have just discovered a LARGE number (41,000 on one server; 65,000 on another) of TCL*.tmp files on our two NT database servers (in the winnt directory). We are running Oracle 8.0.3 on both of them. There is very little on these machines, except Oracle. We use OEM to run backup scripts, and think the TCL files might come from there. What we have seen is thousands of files generated within minutes of each other. All files were created on just a handful of days. We see no correlation between the files and any known activity. In addition, the dates on the files on one server don't correspond to dates on the other.

I would be grateful for any information on what causes these files to be created. If I'm in the wrong newsgroup, pointers to other locations would be appreciated. To respond via e-mail, please remove NoSPAM-1974 from address.

TIA. Beverly

  Posted using Reference.COM                  http://WWW.Reference.COM
  FREE Usenet and Mailing list archive, directory and clipping service