Re: Error Ora-1722: Invalid Number !!!!

From: Luis Cabral <cabral_at_merconet.com.br>
Date: Tue, 11 Aug 1998 07:46:16 -0300

Hi,

I had a case like that.

In my case, I was using Powerbuilder 6.0 and while I used a decimal bind variable to interact with oracle I received that error; changing the datatype to long it worked right. But there is no reason for that, as long both are valid numeric datatypes, and should be compatible. I seems to me that there is something to do with SQL*Net or its installation, because in some machines the program worked well with both datatypes.

Sorry this is not any solution.

Luis Cabral