utl_file limits?

From: David Chasteen <davidc_at_opteamasoft.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Aug 1998 03:44:03 -0400

I get an "ORU-10027 buffer overflow, limit of 20,000 bytes" error when writing a long file (it gets to 156 kb) from a procedure. It still does it after opening, writing, flushing, and closing the file on each statement as it loops through creating the line. For example:

I looked high and low for the "buffer" parameter the message is refering to in order to set it higher.

Is there a "buffer" parameter for writing out to a file? Is it in the SGA?
Is it limited to 20000k or can it be set higher? Any ideas on strategy to get around this limit?

Thank you,

David Received on Tue Aug 11 1998 - 02:44:03 CDT