Re: selecting from remote tables

From: <mohrman_at_my-dejanews.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Aug 1998 06:46:28 GMT

Couldn't you join retek_rag_skus, retek_rag_style, retek_item_sups_add, etc into a single query and select from there. That should significantly reduce the amount of traffic between your database and the remote server, which would speed things up quite a bit. It would also give the optimizer on the remote machine more control over how the statement is processed.