Re: Automatic Deletion of Archive Logs (Oracle 8)

From: John P. Higgins <jh33378_at_deere.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Aug 1998 23:17:13 -0500

On unix you can use cron daily to execute:

find $ARCHIVE_DIRECTORY -name "*.log" -mtime +5 -exec rm {} \;

This removes all "*.log" files that are over 5 days old.

By the way, if you are keeping backups for 30 days, you need to keep the archive logs also for 30 days. If you don't have that much disk, backup the archive logs to tape.