Re: V$system_event view interpretation

From: <poohland_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Aug 1998 00:02:33 GMT

In article <6qlnne$6sh$1_at_nnrp1.dejanews.com>,   gplagge_at_hotmail.com wrote:
> Hi,
> Our v$system_event view shows a few events are having long average waits.
> Can anyone help me interpret these, and give me any suggestions
> on tuning?
>
> SQL*Net message from client
> db file scattered read
> db_file sequential read

db_file_scattered_read is the wait on the full table scan (read). I think you can increase the size of the db_buffer_cache and the db_multiblock_read_write_count(umm.. not sure about this paramter though!).

db_file_scattered is the block read using the rowid (index). Again, I guess increasing the db_buffer_cashe will help.

as for the SQL*NET message from client.. My guess is about the MTS, but I am definitely not sure about this one!

Winnie