Re: Database server on multi-processor machine

From: David Sisk <davesisk_at_ipass.net>
Date: Mon, 10 Aug 1998 22:14:56 GMT

I would predict that your CPU utilization will be somewhere between 1 and 99% in all cases. :=) Seriously, this is way too little info to make any kind of reasonable projection from. It depends on many things:

You get the idea. Best advice I can give is to go look at the benchmarks on www.tpc.org.

Good luck,
Dave