Opposite of SQL*Loader

From: Andrew D. Arenson <arenson_at_swan.imgen.bcm.tmc.edu>
Date: 10 Aug 1998 14:56:50 -0500

I am familiar with the Sybase utility bcp (bulk copy) which can be used to copy tab-delimited files of data into or out of a Sybase table.

I would like to do the same thing in Oracle. From what I've read, SQL*Loader will achieve this handily and with _much_ more flexibility when I want to load data INTO an Oracle table.

What do I use to bulk copy data OUT OF an Oracle table?

I understand that I could write a fairly simple piece of code to do this, but I find it hard to believe that there isn't a utility like SQL*Loader for drawing data out of an Oracle table.

Andy

--

Andrew D. Arenson            | http://gc.bcm.tmc.edu:8088/cgi-bin/andy/andy

Baylor College of Medicine   | arenson_at_bcm.tmc.edu        (713)  H 520-7392
Genome Sequencing Center, Molecular & Human Genetics Dept.     | W 798-4689
One Baylor Plaza, Room S903, Houston, TX 77030                 | F 798-5386