Re: Locking

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Mon, 10 Aug 1998 21:26:45 +0200

Hi Tong,

2) wait forever until the first process finishes. If you don't want that you will have to lock the tables involved explicitly with a lock ... <lockmode> nowait. Of course, Oracle usually applies row level locks only, and escalates only in specific cases to the table level. Usually you won't notice locking problems. Please make sure all primary and foreign keys are properly indexed. If during constraint checking a full table scan is necessary because of lack of index Oracle will escalate the lock.

Hth
Sybrand Bakker