concurrency

From: max <massimo_at_itagency.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Aug 1998 09:56:59 +0200

I've a Digital Unix system with Oracle 7.3 on an Alpha 4000 with 1 CPU, 512 MB, 4MB cache, 2 disks ( the second is a mirror).

The CPU, memory and I/O usage is very low.

I tried to execute a Pro*C program for a test and I registered a response time. It use dedicated server on Oracle via SqlNet on TCP-IP (but I tried also without SqlNet)
But if I execute it n times at the same time, on the same machine, the response time is exactly n*response_time(n concurrent client -> n * response-time).

Is this normal?

(--Sorry for my bad english--) 8^))

Massimo Pandolfo
massimo_at_itagency.com Received on Mon Aug 10 1998 - 02:56:59 CDT