Re: Recommended Oracle Books

From: EMartin448 <emartin448_at_aol.com>
Date: 8 Aug 1998 22:38:31 GMT

Hi Ginger!

I'd like to second Bob's recommendation of "Oracle, The Complete Reference" from Oracle Press. I've read a lot of Oracle books (I used to be an English Major waaay back in the Dark Ages and some habits die hard! :-), and depending on just which part of the Oracle world your new job touches, I could recommend several others more specific to your situation. (You can email me directly if you like... I only get the chance to read the oracle.server newsgroup on weekends.) HOWEVER, I find that the Complete Reference is the one that is most bookmarked, creased, and *always* in handy reach... many times sitting open to the reference section.

Good luck in your new job!

Ta!
Elizabeth Martin
Sr. Software Engineer
J.G. Van Dyke & Associates, Inc.

My opinions do not necessarily reflect those of my employer, but we are both happiest when they do.