Re: Redo logs and rollback segments difference ?

From: Winnie Liu <poohland_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Sat, 8 Aug 1998 08:59:07 -0700

The redo log contains before and after images. As for the rollback segment, it depends, if it is a pure insert on the table, it will contain the rowid of the rows that are being inserted without commit; if it is a delete on the table, it will contain all the information of the deleted rows.
if it is a update, it will contain the before and after images of the columns that are being updated.

Winnie