Installing Oracle 7.3.4.0.1 on Solaris with 7.0 already running

From: Mike.Harrison_at_bmo.com <(Mike.Harrison_at_bmo.com)>
Date: 7 Aug 1998 09:06:41 -0700

We are going to be upgrading from Oracle 7.0.1 to 7.3.4 on our Solaris box, but instead of doing an upgrade with the oracle installer, we'd like to install a separate oracle 7.3 on the same box while keeping the 7.0 server running at the same time. That way we can optimize the database and solve potential problems in advance of our scheduled migration date. Are there any problems in doing this? Does the SID of the two have to be different? What else should I be concerned about? Thanks in advance.

Mike

Mike.Harrison_at_bmo.com
Systems Analyst
Bank of Montreal