Re: View V$SESSION

From: Jens Kieffer-Olsen <dstdba_at_post4.tele.dk>
Date: Fri, 7 Aug 1998 16:15:32 +0200

Oliver Deter <100.149897_at_germanynet.de> wrote in message ...
>On Mon, 3 Aug 1998 16:37:35 +0200,
> "Gilles FLORENTIN" <gflorentin_at_hol.fr> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> A simple question : is the V$SESSION view not accessible to users that
are
>> not DBA equivalent ?
>>
>> There is a public synonym on this view, but I cannot access it with a
simple
>> user (ie only granted with CONNECT and RESOURCE roles).
>>
>> Thanks for answers
>>
>You have a public synonym as 'normal' user, but you don't have an
>an object-privilege (select) on sys.v_$session.
>You must give the select-privilege on sys.v_$session to your user (as sys).
>As dba_user you have the system-privilege 'select any table'. So you
>have automatically the right to select on sys.v$session.
>
>Hope this helps
>
>Oliver

  Be careful about granting this view to anyone. If you execute svrmgr or   sqlldr, for example, from the server and include the system password in   the command line, the PROGAM column in the v_$session view will   reveal that password!

  Better create your own view in which you write something like

  if instr(program,'/') > 0 then
  program := substr(program,1,instr(p,'/')-1);

  Cheers
  Jens K.-Olsen Received on Fri Aug 07 1998 - 09:15:32 CDT