Re: Full table scans/indexed read

From: Scott Patterson <scott.patterson_at_trilogy.com>
Date: Fri, 7 Aug 1998 09:15:44 -0700

Thanks to all who responded here and via email. There was an error in the information in my original message. The remote database was experimenting with cost based optimization (not rule based as I stated). By dropping the statistics, performance jumped back to where it should have been.

Scott

MotoX wrote in message
<902387621.11620.0.nnrp-02.c2de712e_at_news.demon.co.uk>...
>And are the 'init' file settings the same on both db's, especially things
>like multi_block_read_count, etc.
>
>MotoX.

<01bdc107$9fa4ee40$0a0c010a_at_hans_peter>...