How to improve the speed to select from the other user's table?

From: libo <libo.tsinghua_at_usa.net>
Date: Fri, 07 Aug 1998 18:19:04 +0800

Hello, all

We are using the Oracle WorkGroup Server For Windows NT. We had created more than 500 tables by using the SYSDBA user name to a database. When we loged in as the SYSDBA, we can select from a table within 0.34 second. But when we loged in as another user, such as Libo, we had to spend more than 9 seconds to select from the same table.

We depended on the public synonyms instead of the roles in our systems. When we created a table, we created a same public synonyms too. So other users can use the same "Select * From INVENTORY" as the SYSDBA user.

Since we had wrote a lot of codes like this, it is impossible for us to transfer to the role and write "Select * From SYSDBA.INVENTORY". And I think the speed bottleneck caused by searching the table in the public synonyms. So are there any ways to improve the speed of this?

Are there any methods to resolve this problem?

Thanks,

Libo Received on Fri Aug 07 1998 - 05:19:04 CDT