Oracle Web Application server keeps bombing out...

From: Russell Fray <russ_at_u-net.net>
Date: Fri, 07 Aug 1998 08:16:36 GMT

Hi,

I'm running Oracle Web Application server version 3.0.1 on Solaris 2.6 in conjunction with Oracle 8.0.4.0.0

The web listener which handles critical data inputting and retrieval keeps dying, it has now got to the point where it is happening once or twice a day. This is the error I am receiving from the logs :

Can not get object reference
Can not get object reference
Can not get object reference
UNHANDLED EXCEPTION: fn=ysv.c, line=689 YS PANIC: yt::broken host=unetdb, pid=1873, prognm=wrbc Can not get object reference
Can not get object reference
Can not get object reference
Exception yt::broken

I have just received Oracle Web Application server version 3.0.1.8.0, but I'm reluctant to install it until I know what the above problem is, what is causing it, and whether the new version will cure it.

The database was running happily for months without change and then the above started to occur.

Please cc replies to russ_at_u-net.net

Best Regards,
Russell Fray. Received on Fri Aug 07 1998 - 03:16:36 CDT