Re: Oracle 8, Windows, and JDBC question

From: Dennis Wilson <lincwils_at_teleport.com>
Date: Fri, 07 Aug 1998 02:07:06 GMT

No Marc,
The JDBC kit for Oracle comes in two flavors. There is the OCI7 interface which requires a .DLL. There is the thin-client flavor which requires a Listener at a specific port to handle the Oracle request. The documentation with the trial package is adequate and both have worked for me as advertised. I use JDK 1.1.6 to write my applications. The package also comes with 1.0.2 class libraries.