Re: Exporting / Importing Database Users

From: <mjain_at_bigfoot.com>
Date: 7 Aug 1998 02:04:30 GMT

I will list the steps you need to follow to acheive this:

  1. Find out list of users in the source database. select username from dba_users where user_name not in ( 'SYS', 'SYSTEM' );
  2. Export these users while logged in as SYSTEM, say the file name is expall.dmp
  3. Create the tablespaces/users with proper tablespace quotas, proper default and temporary tablespces in the destination database. Also make sure all the roles are created/or already existing if they are used for granting object privileges via roles.
  4. Import the export file using FULL=Y option while logged in as SYSTEM, create a log file for import log errors.

Check for the errors and correct if you found any.

This is in breif a strategy, that you can use to accomplish your job.

If you run into problems or need more info/help shoot me an email.

Hope this helps,

Manoj Jain
Oracle Certified Professional - DBA
Chauncey Certified Oracle7 DBA

On Thu, 6 Aug 1998 18:58:33 -0400, "Dennis R. Leon" <dleon_at_rim.net> wrote:
> I'm trying to export all the users from one database and then importing them
> to a brand new database.
>
> Everything I tried failed!!!
>
> Does anybody know how this can be done? (I'm new at this!)
>
> Your help would be greatly appreciated.

> Dennis R. Leon
> dleon_at_rim.net
>
> Research In Motion Ltd.
> http://www.rim.net/

  Posted using Reference.COM                  http://WWW.Reference.COM
  FREE Usenet and Mailing list archive, directory and clipping service