WAS 3.0.1 java questions - jit etc.

From: Mike Conway <ammcc_at_email.ais.unc.edu>
Date: Thu, 06 Aug 1998 15:41:44 -0400

I'm having trouble finding a JIT that I can use with the Java cartridge in WAS. The docs seem to point to a library libsunwjit.so, but I cannot find this either in the oracle install directory, the oracle website, or the sun website. Symantec now supplies the JIT supplied with 1.1.6, but none other. Has anyone attempted to plug this JIT in and use it for a back version of the JDK, or is there somewhere a compatible JIT for the Java cartridge?

Also, are there any available 3rd party cartridges for more recent (1.1.4+) JDK's? I can only find 1.0.2 from Oracle, but I don't even know where to start looking....Any help would be appreciated.

I'd also like to hear from anyone implementing or thinking of implementing Payment Server with WAS 3.0. That's one of the biggest motivations for bringing the application server up. I'm hoping going back to using Java 1.0.2 isn't going to kill us. Also, is anyone trying to run Enterprise WAS stuff from NT? Since the Payment Server isn't out on AIX, this is our only real option, and it's got me feeling a bit queasy!

Thanks, Mike