Re: Large DB on NT?

From: Mark Wagoner <mwagoner_at_no.spam.iac.net>
Date: Thu, 06 Aug 1998 13:04:49 GMT

On Wed, 05 Aug 1998 00:05:10 GMT, gplagge_at_hotmail.com wrote:

>Hi,
>We are implementing an Oracle 8.0.4.1.3 database on NT 4.0. Our calculations
>show it will exceed 100GB in size within six months.
>
>Has anyone worked with a database this size, or bigger, on NT 4.0?
>Anything special to watch out for? Any special tuning tips?
>
>Thanks for any comments or suggestions.
>
>Gene Plagge
>WorldxChange, Inc.
>gplagge_at_hotmail.com

While we don't have any that large, we do have several customers running 50-60G database on NT4. The machines are typically dual Pentium II 200MHz with 128M RAM. The largest one is about 62M with 10-12 concurrent users. They seem to be quite happy with it. My main recomendation is don't skimp on RAM, Oracle and NT both like to have a lot of it.

--
Mark Wagoner
To reply, remove no.spam from my e-mail address Received on Thu Aug 06 1998 - 08:04:49 CDT