DB_BLOCK_SIZE on DIGITAL ALPHA

From: Caroline Keay <c.keay_at_cranfield.ac.uk>
Date: Thu, 06 Aug 1998 12:20:19 +0100

I have just returned from a DBA course where they emphasised the importance of setting the right DB_BLOCK_SIZE in relation to the operating systems block size. They said that most PC, NT and VAX systems have a block size of 512 bytes, but unix systems have a block size of 8k which can be accessed in 1k fragments. Before I go messing with my database I wanted to make sure what the block size is on an DIGITAL ALPHA UNIX system running OSF1. I can't find anything in the documentation and don't know where to look and nor does my Unix system administrator. Can anyone help.

--
* Caroline Keay ! SSLRC *