Sequences

From: SUVAS LAKSHMIKUTTYAMMA <lsuvas_at_worldnet.att.net>
Date: 6 Aug 1998 06:10:38 GMT

Hi guys,

            Is it true that you cannot have a foolproof sequential numbering using sequences in Oracle? Assume that I created a sequence with nocache option and 2 users A and B in that order have simultaneously accessed an application that uses the sequence.If A gets say 100 and B gets 101 and after that A decides to rollback while B commits;Is the value 100 lost forever?

      Am I overlooking something? Please clarify

TIA Received on Thu Aug 06 1998 - 01:10:38 CDT