Re: Should I use LOBs here? HOW???

From: Sylvain Leclerc <SLeclerc_at_magrit.com>
Date: Wed, 5 Aug 1998 07:54:42 -0400

I am not yet familiar with Oracle8. I only use it to test compatibility.
But you must know that no functions can be used with the LONG datatype. A LONG can be used in the select list of a select statement and in a set clause of
an update statement. You can't use it in a where clause.

We tried both approach (split and LONG) for different types of data. The split
option was used when we know that we need to use the data in a where clause.
But Oracle8 may offer you a better option.

Sylvain Leclerc
sleclerc_at_magrit.com