Re: Recommendations on specification of machine to run Oracle on NT 4

From: Jeb <jebaba_at_email.msn.com>
Date: Wed, 5 Aug 1998 20:01:19 -0700

I agree. I just finished implementing the same on an IBM netfinity, with 1G RAM, and 12 9G drives, and am VERY pleased with the performance. For $50K, we got 1/3 the runtime of our 180K (albeit 6 years ago) Sun Server.

While our Db is only approximately 6G, we currently have 65 users hitting it pretty severely at any given point in time, if it helps for reference. If you can spread the hardest hitting and largest tables across different controllers, that also helps greatly.

I don't think that the box matters as much as the fact that Oracle LOVES a large SGA.......

Jeb Received on Wed Aug 05 1998 - 22:01:19 CDT