DBMS_SQL and Pragma

From: <nkodner_at_my-dejanews.com>
Date: Wed, 05 Aug 1998 20:53:22 GMT

Help!!!!

I'm trying to use DBMS_SQL to parse and execute a select statement that I'm building on-the-fly. If I call it as a stored function, Oracle returns:

 ORA-06571: Function GET_CASH does not guarantee not to update database

So I put the function in a package, with a restrict references WNDS in the package header, and now it won't compile:

 PLS-00452: Subprogram 'GET_CASH' violates its associated pragma

If I remove the RESTRICT_REFERENCES from the package header, the package compiles but I get the same ORA-06571 error when I try to call the function.

Does anyone have any advice as to how I can get around this situation? I've been 'stuck' for quite a while and do not want to have to hard-code 40+ functions!

Thanks in advance for all the help!

--Neil Kodner

nkodner_at_inconnect.com

http://www.dejanews.com/rg_mkgrp.xp Create Your Own Free Member Forum Received on Wed Aug 05 1998 - 15:53:22 CDT