Interfacing LOGON procedure (WAS: Security for a group of users)

From: <Wolfgang.Rothmayer_at_bmw.de>
Date: Wed, 05 Aug 1998 14:42:31 GMT

Hi there,

in my efforts to establish a security mechanism for a group user many newsgroub members dropped in their comments - A BIG THANK YOU TO ALL WHO JOINED the discussion.

As I am still collecting information on this matter a new idea is to interface the login procedure.

  1. Get the user who logs into the database
  2. Check if the user is allowed to access an application (This is only possible if the login already took place as only then the information is accessible in the V$SESSION table - Does anyone has experience with this ?
  3. Close the connection for the user who logs in and reroute it to another one with more rigths or setting a ROLE for this user.

Is it possible to interface the login procedure in ORACLE 7.x ?` Does anyone have experience with such things ?

Many thanks in advance for any input,
Wolfgang. Received on Wed Aug 05 1998 - 09:42:31 CDT